Cheppers is looking for a Cloud Engineer to work on cloud based products in our office in downtown Budapest. The team is working on HA systems which are used by Fortune 500 companies at scale.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will work on the development of SaaS/PaaS products.
- Your responsibilities will include developing software, APIs and automating related cloud infrastructure tasks.
- The services you will work with are powered by Linux servers and containers built on Amazon Web Services.
- Agile methodology with two-week sprints (planning, development + demo, retrospective)
- Programming languages used: Ruby, Go, PHP, Python (varies per team).
- Strong software engineering skills and OOP fundamentals.
- Experience in either Ruby, Go, PHP, Python or any modern scripting language.
- Be familiar with Linux/Unix at the command line level.
- Understanding of how web technologies work (web servers, REST APIs, etc.).
- Understanding of Cloud Services.
- Familiarity with automated testing.
- At least strong intermediate English skills that you can use confidently.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Experience working with containers/Docker.
- Experience with server-configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.).
- DevOps experience: owning and operating services that you've built.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Our new team members are expected to improve their knowledge of the technologies we use to a professional level within their work.
For all this we offer:
- Participation in interesting, long-term projects
- Possibilities for professional growth and valuable training opportunities
- Company provided Macbook Pro (or equivalent)
- A dog friendly downtown office in Budapest
- Quarterly bonus
- Partner status and company shares after 2 years
- Company English lessons with native language teachers
- Soft skill trainings
- Flexible working
- Possibility to get incubation for your product ideas
Cheppers was founded in 2012 and today we are one of the fastest growing IT companies in Central Europe, with a strong international reputation. We currently have 60+ colleagues who work on cloud services, Drupal and Laravel based web solutions, React based app development, web design and development consulting, and UX & UI planning.
- We believe in continuous learning and we like to share knowledge with each other through in-house training.
- We are transparent and aim to be as open as possible with each other, and we strongly believe in growing together.
- Most of our colleagues have participated in open source projects.
- We are regular attendees/presenters/organizers/code sprinters/sponsors of professional conferences in Hungary and abroad.
- More than half of our team members have visited our clients in Western Europe and the USA to work on-site or to attend team building events.
- We have an office in New York City and a constantly growing team in the USA.
- From 2019 we are in the AWS Partner Network.
- Lots of our colleagues have acquired AWS and Acquia certifications.
We look forward to receiving your CV in an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by filling out the form below.