Cheppers is looking for a Cloud Engineer to work on cloud based products in our office in downtown Budapest. The team is working on HA systems which are used by Fortune 500 companies at scale.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will work on the development of SaaS/PaaS products.
- Your responsibilities will include developing software, APIs and automating related cloud infrastructure tasks.
- The services you will work with are powered by Linux servers and containers built on Amazon Web Services.
- Agile methodology with two-week sprints (planning, development + demo, retrospective)
- Programming languages used: Ruby, Go, PHP (varies per team).
- Strong software engineering skills and OOP fundamentals.
- Experience in either Ruby, Go, PHP or any modern scripting language.
- Be familiar with Linux/Unix at the command line level.
- Understanding of how web technologies work (web servers, REST APIs, etc.).
- At least strong intermediate English skills that you can use confidently.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Experience working with containers/Docker.
- Experience with server-configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.).
- DevOps experience: owning and operating services that you've built.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Familiarity with automated testing.
- Our new team members are expected to improve their knowledge of the technologies we use to a professional level within their work.
Cheppers was founded in 2012 and today we are one of the fastest growing IT companies in Central Europe, with a strong international reputation. We currently have 60+ colleagues working on cloud services, Drupal based web solutions, web design and development consulting, and UX & UI planning.
- We believe in continuous learning and we like to share knowledge with each other through in-house training.
- We regularly contribute to open source projects.
- We are regular attendees/presenters/organizers/code sprinters/sponsors of professional conferences in Hungary and abroad.
- We are transparent and aim to be as open as possible with each other, and we strongly believe in growing together.
YOU ARE LOOKING FOR US IF
- You want to work with the latest technology, in a modern environment, with a great team in downtown Budapest.
- You want to work on fascinating projects, and are interested in attending international events and conferences.
- Continuous learning is important to you.
- You seek a competitive salary, bonus at the end of the year, and partner status and employee shares after 2 years.
- Weekly massage
- Yearly budget for learning and conferences
- Free coffee
- Company provided Macbook Pro (or equivalent hardware, if you want something else)
- Company provided English lessons with native teachers
We look forward to receiving your CV in an email sent to email@example.com , or by filling out the form below.