We are looking for an experienced developer/DevOps engineer with some knowledge of distributed file systems, who can help in designing and architecting a next generation persistent data service. The team is working on HA systems which are used by Fortune 500 companies at scale.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Design, develop features that help evolve the technical direction of the database and file system services.
- Work in a DevOps focused team owning and operating the services you create in accordance with service level objectives.
- Working in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product Owners.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Develop unit and automated integration tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production on a predictable cadence.
- Produce comprehensive software documentation for internal teams and our customers.
- Strong working knowledge of LAMP and Ruby based stacks
- Strong Object Oriented Programming experience
- Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Compute)
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Strong background with service oriented architecture, building scalable, reliable systems
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience in different programming languages (e.g., PHP, Ruby, Go)
- Experience with modern containerization systems (e.g., Docker, LXC, runc, etc.)
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Linux OS system management
- Operational knowledge of Drupal in a production setting
- Advanced knowledge of distributed database management and concepts
- Advanced knowledge of distributed file system management and concepts
For all this we offer:
- Participation in interesting, long-term projects
- Possibilities for professional growth and valuable training opportunities
- Company provided Macbook Pro (or equivalent)
- A dog friendly downtown office in Budapest - and now the opportunity to work fully remotely
- Quarterly bonus
- Partner status and company shares after 2 years
- Company English lessons with native language teachers
- Soft skill trainings
- Flexible working hours and home office
- Possibility to get incubation for your product ideas
Cheppers was founded in 2012 and today we are the market leaders among the Hungarian Drupal companies, with a strong international reputation. We currently have 60+ colleagues who work on cloud services, Drupal and Laravel based web solutions, React based app development, web design and development consulting, and UX & UI planning.
- We believe in continuous learning and we like to share knowledge with each other through in-house training.
- We are transparent and aim to be as open as possible with each other, and we strongly believe in growing together.
- Most of our colleagues have participated in open source projects.
- We are regular attendees/presenters/organizers/code sprinters/sponsors of professional conferences in Hungary and abroad.
- More than half of our team members have visited our clients in Western Europe and the USA to work on-site or to attend team building events.
- We have an office in New York City and a constantly growing team in the USA.
- From 2019 we are in the AWS Partner Network.
- Lots of our colleagues have acquired AWS and Acquia certifications.
We work in two ways:
- We team up with our international clients and work together with their colleagues - due to different working methods and approaches, this is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally and do some networking.
- We work on full projects, forming our own in-house teams - because of this, we have the opportunity to take part in every step of the process.
We look forward to receiving your CV in an email sent to email@example.com , or by filling out the form below.