We are looking for an experienced developer/DevOps engineer with some knowledge of distributed file systems, who can help in designing and architecting a next generation persistent data service. The team is working on HA systems which are used by Fortune 500 companies at scale.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will work on the development of SaaS/PaaS products.
- Your responsibilities will include developing software and automating related cloud infrastructure tasks.
- Design and develop the services that manages persistent data resources and business logic.
- The services you will work with are powered by Linux servers and containers built on Amazon Web Services.
- Agile methodology with two-week sprints (planning, development + demo, retrospective).
- Programming languages used: Ruby mostly and some PHP.
- Experience in either Ruby, PHP or any modern scripting language.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Be familiar with Linux/Unix at the command line level.
- At least strong intermediate English skills that you can use confidently.
- Understanding of how web technologies work (web servers, REST APIs, etc.).
- Strong software engineering skills and OOP fundamentals.
- Familiarity with automated testing.
- Understanding of distributed file systems.
- Experience with server-configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.).
- DevOps experience: owning and operating services that you've built.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Our new team members are expected to improve their knowledge of the technologies we use to a professional level within their work.
For all this we offer:
- Participation in interesting, long-term projects
- Possibilities for professional growth and valuable progress
- Company provided laptop
- Downtown office in Budapest
- Quarterly bonus
- Partner status in the company in the long-term
- Company English lessons with native language teachers
- Possibility to get incubation for your product ideas
Cheppers was founded in 2012 and today we are the market leaders among the Hungarian Drupal companies, with a strong international reputation. We currently have 60+ colleagues who work on cloud services, Drupal and Laravel based web solutions, React based app development, web design and development consulting, and UX & UI planning.
- We believe in continuous learning and we like to share knowledge with each other through in-house training.
- Most of our colleagues have participated in open source projects.
- We are regular attendees/presenters/organizers/code sprinters/sponsors of professional conferences in Hungary and abroad.
- More than half of our team members have visited our clients in Western Europe and the USA to work on-site or to attend team building events.
- We have opened an office in New York City and we are currently building a team in the USA.
- From 2019 we are in the AWS Partner Network.
- Lots of our colleagues have acquired AWS and Acquia certifications.
We work in two ways:
- We team up with our international clients and work together with their colleagues - due to different working methods and approaches, this is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally and do some networking.
- We work on full projects, forming our own in-house teams - because of this, we have the opportunity to take part in every step of the process.
We look forward to receiving your CV in an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by filling out the form below.