This guide is based on Drupal 7 with Search API 7.x-1.1.3, Solr search 7.x-1.6, Search views 7.x-1.13, Search API attachments 7.x-1.4 and Views 7.x-3.8
- Install Solr If you haven't installed Solr yet, check our blog post how to set up easily a basic Solr service on your *nix system or read the official instructions how you can do it.
- Install Drupal modules Install and enable the following modules:
- Download tika Download the Tika app .jar file (tika-app-1.6.jar as per the time of this post), and copy it to
- Set up Search API Once you are done go to
- Add a new server.
- Add an index to the newly created server.
- On Filters tab enable File attachments:
- On Fields tab select the desired fields to be indexed:
- Open the Search API Attachments tab, select Tika Extraction method and fill in the Tika Extraction Settings section. Save configuration when you are done.
- Create a view Go to
- From Show list select your index created earlier.
- For display format you might select rendered entity.
- Click Continue & edit.
- At Filter Criteria section set up your filter.
- Check "Expose this filter to visitors" and select the Searched fields from the list.
And basically that's it. Congratulations, you have just set up a full text search for attached files.